The Linhart Digital Team brings you the latest digital media news. This week’s big news is Yahoo’s new homepage, Twitter launching Vine, and fan-favorite Super Bowl ads.
- Yahoo’s New Homepage: “Yahoo introduced a new home page on Wednesday, the site’s first major redesign under CEO Marissa Mayer aimed at reinvigorating the search engine that has lost users to competitors in recent years. Designed to be simpler and more personal, the new Yahoo.com eliminates several ads and focuses on users’ preferences by providing several ways to customize content, including news articles and sports scores.”
- Vine: A New Way to Share Video: Twitter introduces Vine: “a mobile service that lets you to capture and share short looping videos. Like Tweets, the brevity of videos on Vine (six seconds or less) inspires creativity.” Other resources to check out: Vine Blog and USA Today’s VineTine.
- YouTube Ad Blitz Releases 2013 Super Bowl Ad Winners: ”Hey, remember how there was the Super Bowl a few weeks back, and how everybody was kind of ‘meh’ about the commercials during it? Well, apparently, they weren’t so ‘meh’ after all.” YouTube allowed fans to vote on their favorite commercials and the top five spots received more than 61 million views. Check out the top five fans liked best.
- Sesame Street to Release Secret Video After 1 Billion Views: ”Sesame Street is about 22 million views away from becoming the first nonprofit organization and the first U.S. children’s company to reach one billion views on YouTube (reported by Geekosystem). Sesame Street came up with a little bribe to get us to do what they want: get us those last 22 million views and we’ll release a ‘top secret video.’”
- NBA All-Star Weekend Social Media Awards: ”The NBA has become a social media league. Every player has a Twitter account, and it seems like you can’t go a day without hearing about what this player tweeted or what picture that players posted on his Instagram account. So it only makes sense to break down what happened this weekend and give a few awards to the players and people who made the All-Star breaks all the more fun with their social activity.”
- Happy Birthday Michael! 23 Things about #23: An infographic highlighting 23 things about Michael Jordan’s human side, career and finances.