Linhart PR offers a full-time, paid internship program to provide post-graduates with hands-on, real world experience while introducing them to the world of agency public relations. Interns play an integral role at Linhart PR, typically serving on multiple account teams and handling a variety of important client and firm responsibilities. Internships typically last six months (following this, we have a great track record of hiring our interns, based on performance, results and business needs), and the description of our ideal candidate is below. Experience in some program responsibilities is a plus.
Linhart PR is currently looking for an intern to join our team, supporting clients in a variety of industries, including energy and utilities, multi-unit restaurants, premium food and beverage, and more. Experience or interest in these industries also is a bonus.
Internship program responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Media relations (e.g. email and phone media pitching, and media list and pitch development for various clients; blogger/influencer list development)
- Research, including monitoring, tracking and sharing industry trends and client news; gathering background info for new business and client pitch opportunities
- Writing (e.g., media materials, messages, internal correspondence, blogs)
- Assisting in the planning and execution of PR programs, special events and/or community outreach programs
- Measuring and reporting results, including using available measurement tools and processes
- Supporting digital media campaigns and developing social channel content
- Participating in brainstorms and program development sessions, as appropriate
- Playing an active role on client teams to learn about group dynamics, time management, project management, and the overall workings of a PR account
- Participating in team building and professional development activities, as appropriate
Ideal candidate characteristics:
- Resourceful and a critical thinker: We’re working on all cylinders at Linhart PR and seek intern candidates who can operate independently and creatively to tackle challenges (and who welcome challenges too!); successful candidates also are willing to practice working through problems and then suggesting possible solutions in a range of situations.
- Adaptable: Linhart PR has a culture of learning and growing by providing feedback. Our ideal candidate can receive feedback and then apply that feedback across all client accounts and work.
- Hardworking: We need team members who are willing to go the extra mile, when necessary, to meet client goals and expectations.
Those interested in applying for an internship at Linhart PR can submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.